Has to count for something, right?
There are probably five levels of readership numbers:
- Stellar: so many you can't really count them; 100,000+ readers per day; eg Penny Arcade, PvP
- Super: high to very high; 10,000-100,000 per day; examples? I don't know!
- Maintaining altitude: medium to high; 1,000-10,000 per day
- Limping along: low to medium; 250-1,000 per day; eg my comic goes here!
- Hello? Hellooo? Anyone?: nothing to low; 0-250 per day; eg many webcomics
Magellan is a bit hard to judge since I have it on Graphic Smash as well as Comic Genesis but I'm guessing the fourth catagory is the best fit.
Readers come and go, I'm sure many only read in blocks (I' myself have taken to doing that now for all but my most favorite - trying to keep up with tens and tens of plot lines on a weekly basis was getting pretty difficult). So daily stats probably don't reflect true reader numbers anyway. All the same, if I could lift the readership into the third category I think I'd be a very happy webcartoonist. It should be possible, maybe that should be my mission for 2007!