sequential daze

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Walking is good!

Cartooning is a pretty sedentary undertaking, I do a lot of sitting every day - sit, sit, sit - either in front of a drawing board or in front of the computer. Although I do yoga from time to time and play an occasional round of tennis (which is a blast) I find the exercise I love the most is going for a brisk walk. Since I live near a huge park I've got plenty of space to get out and about in. The park is like being in the country, lots of trees, fresh air and it even has a river running through the middle of it. Walking really gets my blood circulating, and stops me from turning into some kind of stooped-over decrepit cartoonist. Just thought I'd share!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I like taking an afternoon or evening bike ride, especially in the summer. On a bike, you can take in things you would completely miss in a car, like the rabbits nibbling on plants, the little frogs jumping around in the ditches, the butterflies and the wild flowers. Once, last summer, I even saw a bear cross the road barely fifty feet away. We see foxes, raccoons, skunks and coyotes too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home