sequential daze

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Trying a new approach...

Despite my various attempts at utilising this blog continually being stymied by my general forgetfulness and busy-ness on other projects I refuse to believe I cannot actually maintain a blog!! Ever the optimist. Anyway, I've decided to try a new approach and make this particular blog be specifically about my ongoing webcomic Magellan and/or anything else that tangentially intersects with it. Short and to the point entries with the purpose being to discuss the creative process and other developments more than anything else. Let's see what transpires!

To that end, I should mention that I've been working on the Magellan Comixpedia page... I'd link to it directly except that 'pedia is down at the moment. Now that I've got my brain around the whole wiki-editing thing I'm really getting into it. Magellan has such a huge cast with so many characters I figure that using Comixpedia constructively will allow me and the readers to keep track of them their affiliations, powers, backgrounds, etc. More info soon!

Also, the current storyline Bad Karma just broke the 200 page barrier. I don't know if this is a good thing or not but it sure is a hell of a lot of pages and the longest story I've ever drawn. Certainly I am having a blast with the story and it's still heading in the right direction, but I really did expect that it would only take about 100 pages not 200+. What has probably caused the blowout - if it can be called that - is that I have added a lot of extra character related moments than I never intended to include. By and large this is what probably gives Magellan it's appeal and I think a lot of readers really enjoy those moments but I guess I get concerned that it might deflate the momentum. At any rate, the end is nigh-ish!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home