sequential daze

Friday, June 19, 2009

Sydney Supanova 27-28 June

It's convention time again - woo! I know that a percentage of my readers are in Sydney, Australia... hopefully some of you are going to the Sydney Supanova next weekend. I'll be there, sharing a stall with my webcartooning bud Noemz of Zeera the Space Pirate. If you are there I'd love nothing more than for you do drop around to our table in Artists Alley (table G) and say hi!

This year, amazingly, I actually have something to sell - an 8 page comic with a full colour excerpt of this scene from chapter 2 of Magellan. It'll sell for the princely sum of 75c and also have a wrap around cover featuring new art...



It's essentially a promotional publication, but I'm also doing it to prove to myself that I can and finally get something in print. Magellan is not easy to publish, the chapters are all lengthy and full colour and as such quite costly to print.

The first people who come up to me on both Saturday and Sunday and tells me who their fave Magellan character is will get a free signed copy of the comic.

3 Comments:

  • Be careful, young artist. I have a vision... a vision of the Future... I see a plane falling. And I see an injured back.
    Do not pick up any old clay artifacts you find on dead people, and don't talk to strangers.
    Have you packed extra sets of clean underwear?

    By Blogger Pascal [P-04referent], at 2:52 pm  

  • Underwear? Who needs that when you're wearing a nun's habit?

    By Blogger xmung, at 7:20 am  

  • Ah, you're a nundist?
    I always thought the existence of such people was a tall tail.

    Anyway, what manner of reply is THAT to my caring advice? The proper answer should have been an obedient: "Yes, Mother (Superior)."

    Now you behave over there, boy, befoah ah send mah sistah ta smack yo down!

    Mother knows best. And Mother says it best. That's called charisma.
    (sigh) Young people today... no respect. What an epoch!
    I'm STILL your goddamn nitro-mom, you know. Fwaz!

    [Mom's caring advice, in a heartbeat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIRkNK8xEHo]

    By Blogger Pascal [P-04referent], at 2:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home