sequential daze

Friday, January 23, 2009

Things to do

There's a lot I'd like to do with Magellan on top of just producing the 2-3 pages of comics per week (actually I'd like to produce more than that but it would be pretty much impossible given that I also have a full time job). Maybe if I write it down in a list it won't seem too harrowing:
  • Fully updated and easily maintained cast list
  • Fully updated and easily Magellan info list (eg about the different forces, the island, etc)
  • Magellan symbol t-shirt/sleeveless training top... that would be cool, huh? I'd wear it!
  • Magellan symbol badge
  • Bad Karma commentary - at least I've written something about the cover... only 300 pages to go. It's not essential I know but I think it would give me additional useful insight into the creative processes and developments and maybe be of interest to some readers
  • Promotional material - primarily some postcards for local comic shops to leave out in some hopeful attempt to lure print comic readers onto the good ship Magellan. I think people are more accepting of webcomics now and might make the leap.
  • Update the Magellan entry in the comixpedia wiki
  • A convention comic with a totally original story. It would be maybe 12 pages and in colour or more pages and in B&W... I'm thinking the latter since that will give people more to read.
OK - that's it for now. Not so much after all...! Now I just have to do it. I am actually working on the cast page but it's so extensive I just keep tripping over myself. But I figure I'll just keep chipping away at it and hopefully it'll get finished.

3 Comments:

  • For comic 19 of the MM arc, this one got my hackles for numerous reasons. I'm just going to state the one that bothers me most.

    Giaus cannot fundamentally believe that there is such a thing as Nirvana/Heaven. In this latest page seems to accept it as fact. A wise man that lived with nothing so he could have everything? Or a wise man that gave up everything and then died and then there was nothing more?

    Note, he is wise either way because, in the event that he is wrong, he still lived his life the way that brought him the most contentment. Which is all one can ask when you only have the one chance to live.

    I'm not getting into afterlife debate, it's pointless (although, isn't it hypocritical to insult someone for wanting to live when that person expects to gain eternal life?), but a being like Giaus cannot conceivably believe in such a thing, nor be swayed by the concept. He is firmly commited to the idea that there is only one life to live and, frankly, seeing his universe die can only enforce such a feeling.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 pm  

  • Rochelle uses the word adorded. Just figured that was a typo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 am  

  • @ Anon2 - fixed the mistake, thanks!
    @ Anon1 - many thanks for your thoughts. There's a separate comment by Al Schroeder (who wrote the story) on the forum which may throw more light on the situation. Personally I see it as a matter of Rochelle's intellectual arrogance more than anything - but the introduction of the philosophy will come in very useful in exactly one more page as we shall see. I'll post your comment to the forum so Al can respond if he has anything additional to say.

    By Blogger xmung, at 9:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home